[Samba] Samba and Redhat

Schramm, Kevin Kevin.Schramm at hp.com
Wed Apr 30 11:16:23 GMT 2003

I am wondering if someone can assist me with a dilemma I have regarding
samba on Redhat 8.0 and my printer.

I have one linux machine running samba and I can connect to the printer
and print normally from my winXP and 9x machines.

I have another RH8 machine that is supposed to be the replacement for
the now functioning machine and for the life of me I cannot get the
printer (same printer as the one used on the other machine) to function
on this new server.

I have copied the SMB.CONF file from the working machine to the new
server with no luck at all.  I do not get any errors on the new server
it just won't print.  The only thing I have noticed is that the new
machine simply goes into a refresh look of some sort.  I can connect to
shares, I can authenticate to the server.  I can even perform netbios
lookups without issue.

This one has me baffled.  I am not an expert by any means with Samba but
I am guessing this should not be that complicated!

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance
Kevin