[Samba] Samba 3

David Underwood dave.underwood at optusnet.com.au
Wed Apr 30 00:36:17 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

I am having a bit of a problem with getting Samba to interact with a Win2K
Domain, + active directory. I am currently running Redhat 9.

Needless to say that I have searched high and low to low for RPMs as I am
not capable of writing my own specfiles. This has, (to date), been
fruitless.

I have since downloaded the current alpha tarball in order to install from
this. You can imagine my surprise to find a makerpms.sh script.

One small problem is that when running the script the following error
message is displayed.

`samba.spec' -> `/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/samba.spec'
cp: cannot stat `samba-devel.spec': No such file or directory

I am not able to locate a 'samba-devel.spec' file. Perhaps this was
overlooked in the packaging or no longer required(?) and hence a mod to the
shell script is needed.

Regards.

David Underwood.