[Samba] Setting up Window 2000 for SAMBA???

John Esposito johne at srtrl.com
Tue Apr 29 21:04:09 GMT 2003

Hi,
Can someone direct me to documentation or white pages on setting up
Windows  2000 for SAMBA? And overcoming permission problems...
I have set up SAMBA on a UNIX Sun Solaris8 server that passes all of the
basic tests under diagnostics until step 8:  net view \\servername
<file:///\\servername>  and net use x: \\servername\tmp
http://de.samba.org/samba/devel/docs/html/Samba-HOWTO-Collection.html#DI
AGNOSIS
Under 33.3. The tests, I get to step 8, and I get Access Denied.  I have
tried many different approaches to overcome this permission problem on
the Unix and Windows, but nothing seems to work.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks
John