[Samba] how to disable home directory to some users?

Jordi Castells jordi.castells at es.ingenico.com
Tue Apr 29 11:36:16 GMT 2003

hi all,

I am configuring a samba server version 2.2.7-security-rollup-fix, under redhat 8.0

I would like to configure which user have access to the home directory and which not

the smb.conf home configuration is:
[homes]
   comment = Home Directories
   browseable = no
   writable = yes
   valid users = +homeusr
   create mode = 0664
   directory mode = 0775

where homeusr group is the group of users that have home directory access, I also delete the home directory for the users that I do not give access

the problem is every user that connect to the samba linux box see a share with the user name (of course is not posible to access because the directory do not exists)

I would that only users with home directory access view the share to avoid confusions

any ideas about where is the problem?

thanks