[Samba] general question - help creating a login scriptto pass a RPC to create symblinks from win2k on linux

dsomer dsomer at attbi.com
Tue Apr 29 10:03:18 GMT 2003

Are you referring to books on samba/linux/aix or some docs on the web.
please give me some eg., that may point me in the right direction. Also, how
do you create the symbolic links on the linux/aix system? basically, when a
user logs into their account, the group membership is checked and
accordingly windows has to tell linux/aix to create these symbolic links for
this user. If the user gets added or removed from a group, the user logs out
and logs back in and automatically his/her mappings will change. keep in
mind the user should only see shares that he/she has access to. As you know,
the problem with windows and shares is that everyone can see other shares
(at least at the same level even though they may not have rights to those
shares. This is what we are trying to avoid from happening by using symbloic
links).

Thanks.

LC