[Samba] Query about Samba + NIS + Password Synching...

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Mon Apr 28 17:32:25 GMT 2003

Greetings, Samba-ites... (or is it Samba-ians? Hmm)

Just wondering about something... that is, we're finally upgrading our main
Samba servers to the latest 2.x release (2.2.8a), and we're going to be
using NIS.. What I'd like for my Windows users is this:

When they hit <CTRL><ALT><DEL>then change their domain password, it would
sync their Unix account passwords too, so that, in effect their one
password would authenticate them on Windows, Unix and email... I've seen
the nifty change-NIS-password script, but I just want to verify that if I
set Unix Password Sync = Yes, this will change all passwords necessary..

Thanks, everyone! :)

Glenn
---
Glenn E. Sieb