[Samba] Samba Authentication

Robert Adkins radkins at impelind.com
Mon Apr 28 15:43:24 GMT 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 11:02, Leonardo Rodríguez wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I've been working with Samba 2.2.1a in RedHat 7.2 trying to authenticate

	Running 2.2.1a is likely your problem. Hop on www.rpmfind.net and
download the 3 required samba rpms of the latest and greatest release.
Then upgrade. You will likely have no issues then. I have read several
posts similar to yours that had been fixed by upgrading to a newer
release of Samba.

	Those 3 required Samba files are:
	Samba-common-version#.rpm
	Samba-client-version#.rpm
	Samba-version#.rpm

	The upgrade shouldn't affect your configuration file at all and that
configuration file.

	After you have upgraded, give it another go. If it fails then, repost
your smb.conf.

	Regards,

	Robert Adkins
	IT Manager/Buyer