Antwort: [samba] roaming profiles: login/logout takes too much time (Diese Mail wurde auf Viren geprüft.)

dhoffmann at obg-bau.de dhoffmann at obg-bau.de
Mon Apr 28 08:17:08 GMT 2003

samba-bounces+dhoffmann=obg-bau.de at lists.samba.org wrote on 28.04.2003
09:48:00:

> Im using roaming profiles on a FreeBSD 4.7 server for all the Win2K
clients
> on the network. At this moment only 1 client is working on the domain.
>
> The roaming profiles are working OK, but it takes such a long time (2 or
3
> minutes) to login or to logout. The server is quick enough (dual
processor
> 1Ghz, 512 MB memory, 230 GB harddisk), but why does this take so much
time?
> It's very annoying.

On the W2K machine check the properties of "My Computer". On the tab "User
Profiles" you can
choose where the files in "My Documents" will be stored.

Maybe you should switch your current profile to "Local". If it's set to
"server steered"
(or similar term), win2k will always synchronise the files during
logon/logoff.

P.S.: I hope i used the right terms above, because i'm using a german
windows version.

--
Denis Hoffmann
IT