[Samba] Samba printing

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Sun Apr 27 21:14:44 GMT 2003

Is this really a samba question?

The first sentence describing your problem doesn't seem relevant.

> I have Samba running on the linuxbox serving WinME on the other boxes.

This doesn't even sound like an smbclient problem, which is what actually
does the printing. This sounds like a name resolution problem.

I would look into any available printer logs to see what may have happened.

What happens when you just try:
smbclient //server/printername

That should log you onto the printer share.

Joel