[Samba] final tests fail with samba...can anyone help?

Stephen P. Villano wizard_1 at comcast.net
Sun Apr 27 02:48:46 GMT 2003

Is Windows 2000 running in mixed mode or native mode?
I *KNOW* that the 2.0.x series worked quite well with W2K in mixed mode.
>From my recollection though, in native mode was quite ineffective as native
mode (correct me if I'm incorrect in my recollection, people) ignores port
139 netbios calls in favor of the new NBT port.
I'm a bit rusty though as I've been running the beta 3 for quite a while
(excellent work, people! A little more work and life'll be joyful without a
NT4/NT5 server around!).