[samba] smbpasswd doesn't work

Dennis Knies dknies at studenten.net
Fri Apr 25 14:02:42 GMT 2003

I found out the problem can be solved when changing "unix password sync" in
/usr/local/etc/smb.conf from true to false.

At this moment the password sync doesn't work. I don't know why, it a real
pain in the ass to get it working.
When setting "unix password sync" on false the smbpasswd does work, but
then I won't get the password sync working.

Does anyone have a clue about this?

Have a nice weekend,

Dennis