[Samba] Windows 2000 Domain roaming profile problem.

Jerome Walter walter+samba at efrei.fr
Fri Apr 25 08:11:07 GMT 2003

On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 02:55:11PM +0700, Theewara Vorakosit wrote:
> Dear All,
>     Here is my smb.conf.
>
> # Global parameters
> [global]
>  workgroup = mydomaind
>  netbios name = mydomain
>  server string = My Server
>  encrypt passwords = Yes
>  log file = /var/log/samba/%m.log
>  max log size = 0
>  socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192 SO_SNDBUF=8192
>  security = domain
>  password server = theserver
should have some
	domain logons = yes (default)
	logon path = \\%L\or\whatever\profiles
#	logon drive = Z:\ (if needed)
#	logon home = %H

> [profiles]
>  path = %H/windows/profiles
>  read only = No
>  browseable = No

Mmmh, the path seems weird. Do you intentionaly set the profiles within the
home directory ?
Here comes the few lines i set within my smb.conf. Hope this helps :

[global]
#snip#
domain logons = yes
logon path = \\%L\profiles\%u
logon drive = Y:
logon home = %H

#snip#
[profiles]
	path = /export/samba/ntprofiles
#read only = no; create mask and whatever you wish.

Sincerely,

Jerome

--
-+--   Jérôme Walter - 	I2 EFREI		          ----+-
 Equipe Système - Efrei Robotique - Jap'Efrei - Erasmus Tutors