[Samba] WINS

nazrul at heitech.com.my nazrul at heitech.com.my
Thu Apr 24 15:42:18 GMT 2003

Anybody can help me how to add a static IP address with NetBIOS name for my
samba 2.2.5 on RH Linux 8.0
I've tried to modify the wins.dat and restart nmbd but it didn't work. I
couldn't figure out what are the numbers all about.
Pleaseeeee.... help!!!

This E-mail contains privileged and / or confidential information. If you
are not the intended recipient ( or responsible for delivery of the message
to such person) or if you have inadvertently received this e-mail, you
should destroy or delete this message and notify the sender by replying the
E-mail accordingly. If you or your employer do not consent to using
Internet E-mail for messages of this kind, please advise immediately by
sending an E-mail to the sender of this message.
All opinions, conclusions and other information in this message do not
relate to the official business of HeiTech Padu Berhad ("HeiTech") shall be
understood as neither given nor endorsed by HeiTech. Our company accepts no
liability for the content of  this E-mail, or of the consequences of any
actions taken on the  basis of the information provided, unless that
information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Caveat.
CAUTION: Computer Viruses can be transmitted via E-mail, and you should
check this E-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. HeiTech
E-mail. Our employees are expressly required not to make defamatory
statements nor infringe or authorise any infringement of copyright or any
other Intellectual Property Rights via any communications. Any such
communication is contrary to HeiTech's policy and outside the scope of the
employment of said individual. We will not be liable for such
communication.