[Samba] Probs with Winbindd

support support at techcorner.cjb.net
Thu Apr 24 15:28:49 GMT 2003

I don't know what I did but it is working now.

Here is what I did:

At first couldn't find the source rpm for the version I had
which was:
samba-2.2.7a-7.9.0
Samba-Client-2.2.7a-7.9
Samba-Common-2.2.7a-7.9

So I uninstalled all three RPMs and downloaded :
samba-2.2.8a-1-src (from samba.org)
samba-2.2.8a-1 (from samba.org)
samba-client-2.2.8a-1 (from rpmfind.net
samba-common-2.2.8a-1 (from rpmfind.net)

I was going to install all these versions and try again without
re-compiling well I successfully installed samba-2.2.8a-1 and when I got
to client or common it failed a dependecy check with libcypro and a few
others.

So I uninstalled these versions and installed the older version from the
cd.Thinking I was going to hunt down the src rpm or get the tarball and
do it from scratch.

But when I tested it here is what I got (btw i had to re-add the machine
to the domain):
DOMAIN# Use UIDs from 10000 to 20000 for domain usersDomain Admins

The only other thing I changed was the winbind separator from a + to a
\.

Like I said I don;t know why it is working now since I am back to the
original version.
Thanks
Bill