[Samba] ./configure

Michael G. Noble mnoble at rfmagic.com
Thu Apr 24 15:09:49 GMT 2003

CC is the 'C' compiler. gcc is the GNU 'C' compiler.
GNU software can be gotten from: http://www.gnu.org.

Since you do not have cc to start with you will need to download
one of the pre built versions of gcc.

Mike

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 04:14, Cuervo, Joseph wrote:
> Good Morning
> I am new to SAMBA and I am just getting started. I tried to do the
> ./configure and came up with this error. Can anyone tell me what CC is and
> where do I get it from...I am on  IBM RS-6000 using UNIX/aix.
>         # cd /tmp/samba-2.2.8a/source
> # ./configure
> checking for gcc... no
> checking for cc... no
> configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH
>
> # echo $PATH
> /usr/bin:/etc:/usr/sbin:/usr/ucb:/usr/bin/X11:/sbin:/usr/java130/jre/bin:/us
> r/ja
> va130/bin
>
> Joseph Cuervo
> 2 University Pl
> Hackensack N.J. 07601
> Phone 201-498-7902
> Fax   201-498-7962
> Email joseph.cuervo at algx.com
>  <<Cuervo, Joseph.vcf>>
> ----
>

> --
Michael G. Noble			RF Magic, Inc.
Senior System Administrator		10182 Telesis Ct., 4th Floor
					San Diego, CA.   92121
email: mnoble at rfmagic.com               voice: (858) 546-2401 x207
					fax:   (858) 546-2402
--