[Samba] Password Question?

richard rcoates at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 24 10:38:46 GMT 2003

this is possible with linux administration...see man adduser or try
webmin. The problem here is there is little or no communication back to
the client. All I could come up with is a cron script to copy a
"display.bat" file into netlogon folder at password change time. This
script could contain...
net send "time to change your password now"
logon.bat contains something like (check syntax)...
if exist \\server\path\display.bat call ...display.bat
delete display.bat from netlogon folder via cron that night.
clunky I know...got any ideas?
Richard Coates.