[Samba] No Samba Groups

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Apr 24 06:48:45 GMT 2003

On Thu, 24 Apr 2003, M&M wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I'm using Samba 3.0alpha23 and OpenLDAP. I set it up two weeks ago and all
> works quite fine. Now I wanted to have a look at Samba's groups using
> "smbgroupedit -l". There are no warnings but it returns just this:

smbgroupedit is dead and gone. It's functionality is now in "net
groupmap", but this does not yet work with LDAP. You will need to create
srcipts to manage groups and users.

See SWAT home page. You will need:

add user script
delete user script
add group script
delete group script
add user to group script
delete user from group script
add machine script

I do not know if we will produce any of these since they are OS specific.

> The LDAP server is succesful connected
> ldapsam_setsampwent: 0 entries in the base!
>
> I have nothing done to the groups until now. Does anyone know where the
> groups have been gone. Probably  I will need them...

To create the default groups you can do in smb.conf:

	passdb backend = ldapsam, guest

then:
	pdbedit -g -i guest -e ldapsam

I have NOt tried this so be warned.