[Samba] Help with printing

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Thu Apr 24 04:40:40 GMT 2003

>Printers and Faxes
>window and look at the installed printers, under the status
>column, I get
>"Ready" for each of my local printers, but I get the text
>"Access denied,
>unable to connect" for the printer on the LaserJet box. Again, I have
>successfully printed several documents from the Windows XP boxes to the
>laser printer hooked up to the Linux box, but the status message has me
>concerned that something isn't configured properly. Is this a
>bug in Samba, or have I configured something wrong?

You can add the "use client driver = yes" parameter to your [printers]
section,
that will stop the message from appearing.  I had the same problem with a
pdf
printer, although a quick google search turned up an answer (hint hint ;)

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=%22access+denied+unable+to
+connect%22+samba+cups