[Samba] BUG?? - Samba 2.2.8a Number of Users in a GroupMaxproblem(2.2.7a works, however)

MICHAEL BROWN MBROWN at mesainc.com
Tue Apr 22 15:13:12 GMT 2003

Ok.  I have setup a test server with openldap and samba authenticating against ldap.
Notice the compile log errors in the attached "sambalog" file.  These errors do not show up in version 2.2.7a.

In the attached files, one is called "log.noaccess" that I am authenticating against a group with about 150 users.
If you notice in the log, it tells me that "username.c" can not find the ldap group.

The other file is "log.access".  It authenticates against the same ldap server, group, share, etc. with about 80 users
and does recognize the user and groups.

Both logs are at level 10 debug.

Michael D. Brown
Sr. Network Administrator