[Samba] intermittant problem with samdump and vampire

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Thu Apr 24 02:17:01 GMT 2003

On Thu, 23 Apr 2003, Laurent Hubert wrote:

The net command has been recently modified to reduce the number of steps
required during migration from NT4 to Samba-3. I will update the
documentation when these changes stabilize.

As of today, the migration should work for tdbsam only. The step"
	net getlocalsid
is no longer needed.

You will now need to create all your Unix groups before migration. All
groups need to be added and tied to Unix groups BEFORE migration. The new
tool to manage groups is:
	net groupmap
Additionally, net rpc vampire should now automatically migrate the domain
SID as well as all user and group accounts. I have NOT yet tested any of
this so be warned - things are changing every half hour or so at the
moment.

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra