[Samba] WIn XP + Samba trouble

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Wed Apr 23 14:15:26 GMT 2003

Nope. AFAIK, unless you are using some version of Samba that I have not
come into contact with, "add machine" does not exist. You need to do "add
user script" only, and drop the smbpasswd portion -- that is done
automatically, to my knowledge. The only thing I don't know is how to
differentiate between machines and users with the useradd -g field...

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630