[Samba] hiding files on shares (eg. desktop.ini)

Tom Van Overschelde vanovers at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 23 09:58:10 GMT 2003

Hello,

I've some probs with hidden files on my Samba-shares. When right clicking in
windows Explorer, and checking the hidden checkbox 'on', doesn't give me an
error, but it doesn't hide the file. Experimenting with

hide files = /desktop.ini/Desktop.ini/DESKTOP.INI/

to hide especially the desktop.ini files didn't help. But my dot files (eg.
.profile) are hidden!

How can I get my files hidden, without some stupid permissions on my
linux-server. I work on my linux server as well, so permissions has to be
not 777 or somewhat...

Thanks,
Tom Van Overschelde