[Samba] Samba 3 help needed

Jared Kelly JKelly at askjeeves.com
Tue Apr 22 19:03:53 GMT 2003

Hello-

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate forum in which to ask, but a few
people I talked to suggested I ask here.

I'm running Samba 3.0 Alpha23 right now and am able to use it successfully
as a client with kerberos authentication to Windows Active Directory. I have
also successfully joined the machine to the domain. However when I create a
share and try to access it from a windows box, I am unable to authenticate
to the SAMBA host. A look at the logs shows that it is trying to
authenticate my username to the correct domain controller, but the DC is
coming back with an 'incorrect password' message. If I do this several times
it will eventually lock out my account, so I think I can infer that the
password being sent by SAMBA is infact incorrect.

Is the server side ads authentication enabled in this build? Has anyone been
able to get it to work.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

Jared Kelly
System Administrator
AskJeeves, Inc.