[Samba] Unofficial Samba+ACL howto

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Tue Apr 22 12:59:32 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 08:21, Jerome Walter wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 06:00:16PM -0500, Trey Nolen wrote:
> > I was thinking of playing with this some. Does anyone know if the Debian
> > distribution of Samba is compiled with ACL support?
>
> My NT sys admin has experienced problems with debian sources with ACL support.
> Seems that debian maintainer has made an error and disabled ACL. --with-acl
> did not make anything. I don't know if it was fixed, but he has spent weeks on
> these before finding the problem in the sources.
it's not an error - it was a conscous choice i think...
if you want acl just change the rules file to include --with-acl and
rebuild the package
(debian/rules binary)
be sure that you have the necessary libraries and check the results of
configure to see that samba detects them.

samba3 has --with-acl by default.

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>