[Samba] Re: SAMBA Server

Gary Heitman gheitman at midlandcorp.com
Mon Apr 21 16:46:39 GMT 2003

If you need to provide "Production" access to the files shares (meaning
24/7 access for users, etc.), why not take a snapshot of the data you
are going to put on CD?

Have a crontab rsync the data you want to burn to disk to some other
"non-public" area, and then burn that area to disk.

You could very well create a routine to stop and start samba access,
etc., however, from my experience, I'd prefer to stay "behind the
scenes" and burden myself with the "rsync/copy, then burn", than to
impose a scheduled 'outage' for the users ...

Just a thought ...
gary