[Samba] Logon Script Sometimes Does Not Execute

David van Geyn dataiv-listsNOSPAM at noc.peon.net
Sat Apr 19 18:37:42 GMT 2003

Hi,

In my laptop, I have an Intel Pro/100 VE, two of the workstations have 3Com
3c905's, and another two have D-Link 10/100 cards. The network switch is a
D-Link DES-1032 10/100, and in the past it was a 3Com Superstack II 10mbit
switch. The server has another D-Link card and up until a year ago had a 10
baseT 3Com card. Seems like every type of card combination i've used still
produces the problem. If I do ping -f (flood) from the server to other hosts
on the network, out of 40k packets only 2 on average are lost.. the same
with all of the computers.

39862 packets transmitted, 39860 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 0.199/0.227/8.560/0.043 ms

The cabling is also in very good condition. I never have any packet loss
problems and I can manage 80-85 mbits/sec at most between computers on the
network.

I'm really at a loss as to why this occurs.