[Samba] Logon Script Sometimes Does Not Execute

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Sat Apr 19 15:32:26 GMT 2003

David,

Recently we have seen a few reports of this as a problem. It has been my
experience that intermittent failure to exec a logon script is related to
a name ersolution problem.

Are you using a WINS server? ie: Is samba your WINS server with in
smb.conf [globals]:
	wins support = yes

_OR_ an MS Windows NT4/2000 Server that has the WINS server installed and
configured.

Also, do all your MS Windows machine TCP/IP settings having the IP
addresss of the WINS server correctly set?

- John T.

--
John H Terpstra
Email: jht at samba.org