[Samba] profiles for win98 + xp in same dir under home dir?

Urs Rau urs.rau at uk.om.org
Fri Apr 18 19:35:04 GMT 2003

This is a reply I got as a direct reply which didn't go to the list.

Are you using "roaming profiles"..?

I would include the following options in your smb.conf

  keep alive = 160
  dead time = 240

Set the "number_of_seconds" to your need's, Do some reading
about them in
you smbd man_pages...

Secondly, What you could do is to simply write a small Perl or
even bash_script to run from cron every 5min's or so to look at
processes and check the smbd ones status and if "zombie" then
kill -9 "that_PID". You could also use substrates output to make
your process activity checking even better...

Regards,

Craig R. Marshall
B.E (Hons), M.Eng.Sc., CCNA
Senior Software, IP Telecommunications