[Samba] BUG?? - Samba 2.2.8a Number of Users in a Group Maxproblem(2.2.7a works, however)

MICHAEL BROWN MBROWN at mesainc.com
Fri Apr 18 17:54:02 GMT 2003

Hehe.  Sorry about the caps and did not mean any ill intentions.

10-4 on the roll-up for security.

Running RedHat 8.0

It is odd because if I go over 80 or so users in a group, samba will not authenticate but if you stay under that number, it works just fine.  Getent groups/shadow sees the user in the correct group.  Authentication to RH works fine as well.  I have other LDAP enabled applications that have no problem with the number of users per group.  Just seems to be something within samba.

Michael D. Brown
Sr. Network Administrator
Mesa Associates, Inc.
256.772.7025