[Samba] Upgrade from Samba 1.9.18p4 to 2.2.8a

Ryan Novosielski novosirj at umdnj.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:40:30 GMT 2003

Yes. This is not a problem. I would look into the following configuration
options to make this happen:

encrypt passwords = no (default)
force user = <username>

...and possibly the following:

guest ok =
map to guest =
guest user =

...these three deal with when to use the guest user. I would think that in
this situation, you might set the "guest" user to be the user that you
wish to write as (though force user will take care of this). map to guest
has to deal with when to use this guest user (never, bad password, bad
username). Look at the man pages (available on the web at the Samba site
IIRC) and see if these options are for you.

|Y#| |  | |\/| |  \ |\ |  |  | Ryan Novosielski - Jr. UNIX Systems Admin
|$&| |__| |  | |__/ | \| _|  | novosirj at umdnj.edu - 973/972.0922 (2-0922)
\__/ Univ. of Med. and Dent. | IST/ACS - NJMS Medical Science Bldg - C630