[Samba] Help Needed on Performance issue

Kaniselvan Narayanasamy Kaniselvan.Narayanasamy at cedara.com
Wed Apr 16 16:29:32 GMT 2003

Hello,

We are currenty using samba 2.0.7 on our sun solaris systems which supports NFSv3.
There are many softlinks ( which point to file/dir on other solaris system) created on our build tree. These links are visible/accessible when accessed thru windows system. With these setting our build seems to take much more time ( around 15 hrs on NT and 30hrs on XP) on Windows.

First question: Will there be any performance improvement in upgrading to samba 2.2.8a/alpha 3.0?

Second question: I tried to install NFS Maetro Solo/Omni NFS client. These tools could not recognize the softlinks that point to mounted file/dir on other unix servers that are in the company network. Is there any other tool you are aware of that will solve this issue?

Thanks in advance.
Kani

Kaniselvan Narayanasamy @1084
Development Systems Analyst, Engineering Tools Team
OpenEyes Technology Group
Cedara Software Corporation
www.cedara.com