[Samba] kerberos auth fails in samba3.0 alpha23

Rick Segeberg rick.segeberg at waterford.org
Wed Apr 16 15:47:46 GMT 2003

It seems to work better if you login to the domain first.  Try this:

/usr/kerberos/bin/kinit administrator at YOURDOMAIN.COM

You should be prompted for a password.  "YOURDOMAIN.COM" is case
sensitive and should be all upper case.  You don't have to use
"administrator", but do need to use an account with domain admin rights
so the join will work.

After you put in your password, join the domain like this:

/usr/local/samba/bin/net ads join

Hope that helps.

Rick Segeberg
Provo Site Manager, IT Department