[Samba] smbgroupedit & ldapsam backend with samba 3.0a23

Christoph Scholz scholz at cs.uni-bonn.de
Wed Apr 16 12:17:51 GMT 2003

Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 07:49, Christoph Scholz wrote:
>
>>Hi!
>>
>>Has anyone got the group mapping feature of samba 3.0 working with ldapsam?
>>

> yes  - did you run the import script and include the new samba.schema as
> listed in the release notes for a23?

Yes. But the import script unfortunately does not seem to work:

[root at tokyo root]# pdbedit -i tdbsam -e ldapsam -g
[root at tokyo root]# smbgroupedit -v
NT group (SID) -> Unix group
[root at tokyo root]#

I get a lot of error messages like the following if I run "pdbedit -d2
-i tdbsam -e ldapsam -g":

ldapsam_search_one_group: searching
for:[(&(objectClass=sambaGroupMapping)(gidNumber=-1))]
ldapsam_search_one_group: searching
for:[(&(objectClass=posixGroup)(gidNumber=-1))]
Group -1 must exist exactly once in LDAP

Christoph