[Samba] Slow connection

Koenraad Lelong k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Wed Apr 16 12:05:09 GMT 2003

The switch is a DLink DES-1024R+, the NIC is an on board SiS900. I tried
to force 100baseTX-FD with mii-tool but I'm not certain it works, as
afterwards a "-v" returns the same values.
Some guide to force 100baseTX-FD is welcome, also for that debuglevel.
I did "mii-tool -F 100baseTx-FD eth0" to force FD
then "mii-tool -v" which gave the same results as before
then "mii-tool -r" and then "mii-tool -v" which gave the same results as
before.
Trying "mii-tool -A 100baseTx-FD eth0" resulted in the same as "mii-tool
-A 10baseT-FD eth0".
Is it possible that mii-tool does not work for my NIC ?
How can I do this with modules.conf ?

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong