[Samba] Slow connection

Koenraad Lelong k.lelong at ace-electronics.be
Wed Apr 16 07:25:21 GMT 2003

Here we go again. Please don't feel attacked, but this seems the only
answer I find about this. On the mailing list of SuSE I asked the same
question (about the slow connection) and this was the same reply. After
this I did more testing (see about the transferring of the file from the
server-side). Do you have an explanation for that if the network link
was misconfigured ?
But I'll upgrade my Samba, and do some more testing.

I did 'mii-tool -v', result :

eth0: negotiated 100baseT4 flow-control, link ok
   product info: vendor 1f:ff:df, model 63 rev 15
   basic mode:   loopback, isolate, collision test, autonegotiation enabled
   basic status: autonegotiation complete, remote fault, link ok
   capabilities: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
   advertising:  100baseT4 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD
10baseT-HD flow-control
   link partner: 100baseT4 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD
10baseT-HD flow-control

'cat /proc/net/dev' gave no errors, no collisions, just like 'ifconfig' did.

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Koenraad Lelong