[Samba] Re: net use H: /home does not work

Shawn Wright swright at sls.bc.ca
Tue Apr 15 23:29:52 GMT 2003

No, it doesn't. While I don't know all the possible combinations, this is one
that does work, and what we have here:

-NT4 PDC and BDCs
-Domain users login from any NT/Win2K client and do a "net use H:
/home" in a common script. (Actually, they use KIX to do a "use H:
@homeshr" but it's the same thing).
-Samba box using winbind to get users from PDC.
-All home share info is contained on PDC, pointing at the user share on
the samba box.

We have ~400 users with home shares on samba, and another ~100 with
home shares still on NT, and it works fine.

Hope this helps...

On 15 Apr 2003 at 16:13, Tom.Williams at diversifiedsoftw wrote:

> Does the Samba box need to be configured as a PDC to make this work?
>
> The command:
>
> net use H: /home
>
> doesn't identify to which server you will connect for the H: drive
> resource.  When I connect to network drives on other Windows servers, I
> also put the server name in the net use command:
>
> net use X: \\server\share
>
> Peace...
>
> Tom

Shawn Wright, Systems Manager