[Samba] net use H: /home does not work

cisco cisco at email.arizona.edu
Tue Apr 15 21:40:56 GMT 2003

The latest Orielly book Using SAMBA 2nd edition says that after you have
created a homes share that adding this line to your logon.bat file the
user's home directory will be mapped and it will be called their user
name. Well the logon.bat script gets an error on this line saying that
it is not the proper use of the net use command. So instead I changed
the command to net use H: \\pts3\homes and that works except the name
that displays on the mapped drive is homes - not the user's logon name.
How do I make this work properly?
Here is the definition of my homes share:

[homes]
	comment = Home Directories exported for users
	path = %H
	valid users = %S
	read only = No
	create mask = 0600