[Samba] printer does not print (stupid question : ( )

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Mon Apr 14 22:34:09 GMT 2003

The difference between cups and lprng? I dunno, since I don't use cups.
I have gotten the impression that cups is the new and improved printing
system with more support for printers, etc, but as usual, you pay for this
sort of improvement with increased complexity.

If you are stuck with cups, you might install lprng and see if we can't
solve your problem. I am fairly good with lprng (months of printing
frustations lead me to learn a bit about it.)

The main problem with linux printing is getting drivers.

Joel