[Samba] XP Users Name is Default When Printing

Kevin Bramblett kbramblett at dssresearch.com
Mon Apr 14 17:09:50 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I have several new XP users trying to print to my Samba networked printers.
The problem is that each one of them says it's name is "Default" on the
cover page.  I need to identify each user because of high amount of printing
that goes on and the similarity of print jobs.

How can I get my WinXP users to correctly identify themselves?  These users
used to have Win98 OS and worked fine then.

I am using Samba 2.2.7 on a RedHat Linux 7.2 server.

Any ideas and further questions/areas to investigate are very welcome.

Thanks,
Kevin Bramblett
Network Administrator

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.  However a large number
of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.