[Samba] Creating softlinks in SMB FS

Turbo Fredriksson turbo at bayour.com
Mon Apr 14 10:08:38 GMT 2003

I'm setting up a Linux (RH8.0) client to authenticate
against an Active Directory. Home directories should also
be located on the AD server.

Everything works fine, exept softlinks...

----- s n i p -----
[root at client1 turbo]# /bin/pwd
/home/turbo
[root at client1 turbo]# mount | grep /home/turbo
//chandler/turbo on /home/turbo type smbfs (0)
[root at client1 turbo]# ln -s /usr/bin/printf printf
ln: creating symbolic link `printf' to `/usr/bin/printf': Operation not permitted

Is this a bug in the SMB fs module, faulty mounting (ie,
params to mount.smbfs) by me or something that haven't
been setup correctly on the SMB server?