[Samba] Problem loggin on to samba PDC

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Sun Apr 13 13:40:03 GMT 2003

On Sun, 2003-04-13 at 07:48, tc wrote:
>  Hi all!
>
>  How the heck do I log on to the samba domain? Every logon attempt is met
>  with
>
>  "The system cannot log you to to this domain because the system's computer
>  accout in its primary domain is missing or the password on that account is
>  incorrect."
>
>  A clients trust account was created using the authomatic adduser script and
>  there are valid samba users . Connection using samba Workgroup works.
>
>  Please help!

you need to post more information...
read your log files to see what might be wrong...

did your read the samba howto collection about how to set this up?

if this is a windows xp client - did you apply the signorseal reg fix?
(google for signorseal if you don't know what I'm talking about)

are you sure the trust account creation worked?
does the machine account end in $ and exist in both passwd and
smbpasswd?

read this

brad
--