[Samba] eDirectory 8.7 and sambaAccount

Casper Pedersen cpedersen at c-note.dk
Sat Apr 12 09:54:38 GMT 2003

I'm having a problem adding a password to users. I get "NDS error: no
additional information available (-306) when I use smbpasswd.

Also I can see in ndstrace that the search string is
(&(objectClass=sambaAccount)(uid=WORKGROUP/test)) and not
(&(objectClass=sambaAccount)(uid=test)).

I have "ldap fileter = (&(cn=%u)(objectClass=sambaAccount)) in my smb.conf.

Another thing I can see is that lmPassword and ntPassword are integers,
which give me an invalid syntax if I add the password's through an ldif
file.

Regards/Casper