WG: [Samba] Samba 2.2.7a and XP pro

Dominik J. Fischer dominik at d-fischer.de
Sat Apr 12 08:28:25 GMT 2003

Dear Michael,

I just have the same problem you have with samba 2.2.3a on a Suse 8.0
machine and win xp pro. Besides I performed all the steps below.

>From my postings I learned that the prob might have something to do with
a wrong mapping in smbusers file. It seems to me that the workstation
account is mapped to user nobody.

Up to now I was not able to solve the prob.
Do you have any ideas to my description? Or did you already solve it?

With best regards,

Dominik Fischer

Dominik Fischer

Senior Network Administrator