[Samba] Can't Find Password

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Sat Apr 12 00:57:53 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 15:55, Peak, John wrote:
> The samba.schema is there and I confirmed is the version from CVS.
>
> I have updated the password with smbldap-passwd.pl.  It appears to
> work fine.  The log shows:

> Thanks for the assistance.  What else do you think might be the
> problem??

it looks like it did the update - but what does the directory show
use ldapsearch to see

you should reply to the original message so I (and others) can follow
the thread more easily.

the access control stuff doesn't matter because samba connects to the
ldap store as the ldap administrator  (which bypasses the security)

what do the samba logs say

brad

--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>