[Samba] Plain text password

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Apr 11 19:16:57 GMT 2003

On Fri, 2003-04-11 at 15:06, Jean-Rene Cormier wrote:
> I noticed there's no Registry file for using plain text password for
> WinXP, does the one for Win2K works? Also if I use plain text password
> will samba use the userPassword attribute in LDAP for the password? and
> if I change my password with smbpass or through Windows will it updates
> this attribute?

don't use plain text passwords.
if you're storing password in ldap then you've eliminated any reason to
anyway.

you can rig smbpasswd to also change the unix password and
using pam_smbpass you can update the samba passwords from the unix
password prompt.

brad
--
Bradley W. Langhorst <brad at langhorst.com>