[Samba] printer does not print (stupid question : ( )

Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com Manuel_Casoluengo at cotyinc.com
Fri Apr 11 15:50:07 GMT 2003

I know that maybe this is an stupid question, let me tell you a little bit:
I am using my samba server as a file server and it is ok, but also want  to
use it as a printer server, I can see my installed printers in my windows
domain, I also can set up my printer in my windows client but when I try to
print something, this job goes through its spooler and then it seems to
print, but it does not print anything. Whats going on???
I use CUPS as a unix printing system, I suppose I have to upload evey
printer driver, thats true?
On the other hand, I want to give privileges to my samba folders without
having to change them with chmod 777  -R folder, every time I create one,do
you know what I mean, I'd appreciate very much your help.

Thanks & Kind regards

Manuel Casoluengo Villanueva
Network Administrator Mexico
Coty Inc.
www.coty.com
mailto:manuel_casoluengo at cotyinc.com

This message is intended for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
distribution or copying of the information contained in this message is
strictly unauthorized and prohibited.  If you have received this message in
error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message from
your system.  Opinions, conclusions, or other statements in this message
which do not relate to the business of Coty Inc., its subsidiaries or
affiliates, are neither given nor endorsed by Coty Inc.