[Samba] Samba and Microsoft Word

Ethy H. Brito ethy at inexo.com.br
Fri Apr 11 14:16:22 GMT 2003

Dears

I am using samba 2.0.7 (yeah, I know! it's dammed old! too lazy to
update now). I just can't save any documents over SMB. Word 97 says the
disc is full or write protected. I have to save the document into the
Desktop and then "drag and drop" it into the remote folder.
Wordpad/Notepad works great.
Is that a known issue? Any magic option I forgot to set?

BTW. Could't download download the full raw archive to grep on it.
The server says:
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /pipermail/samba.mbox/samba.mbox on
this server.

Go figure!!

--

Ethy H. Brito         /"\
InterNexo Ltda.       \ /  CAMPANHA DA FITA ASCII - CONTRA MAIL HTML