[Samba] samba as fileserver backup fileserver

Matt Schillinger mschilli at vss.fsi.com
Fri Apr 11 14:16:20 GMT 2003

You should look at heartbeat (linux-ha.org) for High Availability.. But
You are opening a can of worms that will be difficult to handle.. rsync
will be really difficult to keep in sync, especially if users start
updating files on the secondary server.. You should do a search on
google for DRBD.. it is a form of network mirroring.. perhaps it would
be of use to you..

Matt Schillinger
mschilli at vss.fsi.com

PS> it looks like something may be wrong with your clock.. the message
you sent to the list says that it was sent april 27, 2000.