[Samba] 2.2.8a install on HPUX 11i

CHENEY,JOHN (HP-Australia,ex3) john.cheney at hp.com
Fri Apr 11 02:17:14 GMT 2003

Leon

I thought I would just mention the availability of pre-compiled versions of
Samba available from HP via the software download site at:

  http://www.software.hp.com/NSM_products_list.html

Currently you will find two versions available there for download:

 - CIFS/9000 server 2.2d:  based on 2.2.5
 - CIFS/9000 server technology preview:  based on 2.2.7a

or you should have the 2.2 d version available with your operating system as
standard.

If you have a specific need to be on 2.2.8a then this should be available
shortly, but as to your compile issue previously the recommendation has been
made in these Samba mailing lists that it is important to use the HP ANSI C
compiler (NOT the one that ships with HPUX for free) or the
GCC C compiler to compile Samba on HP-UX.

I'd recommend that you check the mail archives search engine at
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=samba&r=1&w=2 to help with this or other
issues during the compile and installation.

Good luck!  Hope this helps

Regards
John