[Samba] Can winbind solve this problem...

Brett A. Funderburg brettf at deepfile.com
Thu Apr 10 21:56:07 GMT 2003

>From a linux box, I mount a native NT share (mount -t smbfs -o<options,
etc. etc>).

I want to be able to do an 'ls -l' in that share and have the
owner/group information show the right thing. Currently, no matter what
the ACLs on the file on the NT side, from linux, an 'ls -l' shows 'root'
as the owner/group.

I was expecting winbind to work similar to ypbind in this respect but it
doesn't appear to or is this not the problem winbind was designed to
solve?

thanks,

brett